Welcome to the School of Politics, Philosophy, and Public Affairs at Washington State University. The School offers a full range of undergraduate and graduate courses leading to the B.A. degrees in Political Science, in Philosophy and in Public Affairs (on our Vancouver campus), the M.A. degree in Political Science (including a Certificate in Global Justice and Security Studies), and a Ph.D. degree in Political Science. Students who graduate from our programs are imbued with a desire to engage in life-long learning and are also very competitive on the job market.
In addition to teaching and public service, faculty and graduate students engage in problem-oriented research addressing some of the most pressing political and philosophical issues of our time including global climate change and environmental policy, bioethics, health policy, national security and international terrorism, political communication, global justice, and political psychology. Many of the faculty embrace interdisciplinary research programs that allow for a multi-dimensional approach to addressing societal issues and problems.
Other media coverage
- Riots. Radicalism. Corruption. Trump and Biden supporters turn to apocalyptic themes in campaign ad wars.
- Presidential ad wars bring 2020 battleground into focus
- Of masks and rights
- Travis Ridout to lead WSU School of Politics, Philosophy, Public Affairs
- Is this the stupidest moment in US history? Probably not, but it might be most dangerous
- Pandemic makes teaching abroad ‘surreal experience’
- Are stay-home orders unconstitutional? Local experts examine the question
- U.S. professor teaching in Romania composes quarantine blues