- Students demonstrate expertise in appropriate concepts, theories and emerging methodologies in Political Science *(and Criminal Justice).
- Students demonstrate professional skills such as creating high quality curriculum vitae, learning above theories of teaching, ethics associated with human subjects research and how to get published in disciplinary based journals.Students present original research in peer-reviewed journals or in conference papers given at regional and national professional association meetings.
- Students read and synthesize the literature in a variety of subfields in Political Science.
- Students identify research questions and generate hypotheses that are appropriate to an original research problem.
- Students gather, organize, analyze, and report data on an original research topic.
- Students communicate research effectively in both written and oral forms.
- Students receive effective mentoring from faculty leading to successful completion of graduate education in a timely manner.
- Students are hired into positions in their desired field after graduation.
*for Global Justice and Security Studies