American Philosophical Association
The American Philosophical Association promotes the discipline and profession of philosophy, both within the academy and in the public arena. The APA supports the professional development of philosophers at all levels and works to foster greater understanding and appreciation of the value of philosophical inquiry.
Noesis: Philosophical Research Online
Noesis is a limited area search engine for academic philosophy
Tekhnema: Journal of Philosophy and Technology
Tekhnema provides a forum in which relations between technology, the arts and the sciences are rehearsed reflectively and experimentally.
Political Science Links
American Political Science Association
The leading professional organization for the study of political science, serving more than 15,000 members in over 80 countries.
Western Political Science Association
An association of more than 1,000 political scientists, its purpose is to promote the study and teaching of government and politics, to foster research, and to facilitate the discussion of public affairs. The association publishes the journal Political Research Quarterly.
International Studies Association (ISA)
The International Studies Association (ISA) was founded in 1959 to promote research and education in international affairs. With well over 4,000 members in North America and around the world, ISA is the most well-respected and widely-known scholarly association in this field. ISA cooperates with 57 international studies organizations in more than 30 countries, is a member of the International Social Science Council, and has nongovernmental consultative status with the United Nations. The association sponsors 5 professional journals of the highest quality in international relations:
International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP)
ISPP is an interdisciplinary organization representing all fields of inquiry concerned with exploring the relationships between political and psychological processes. ISPP’s nearly 1,000 members include psychologists, political scientists, psychiatrists, historians, sociologists, economists, and anthropologists, as well as journalists, government officials, and others. The society is also international, with members from all regions of the world: the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. It publishes the highly respected journal Political Psychology.
Affiliated Research Institutes and Centers
- Division of Governmental Studies and Services
- Pre-Law Resource Center
- Thomas S. Foley Institute for Public Policy and Public Service
- LSAT (Law School Admission Test)
- U.S. Defense Department
- U.S. State Department
- Central Intelligence Agency
- United States Intelligence Community
- The Henry L. Stimson Center
- The Brookings Institution
- The Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Project on Defense Alternatives (PDA)
- Federation of American Scientists
- Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
- Center for Health Securtiy (Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health)
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Social Science Automation (SSA)
- Moynihan Institute of Global Affairs, Maxwell School, Syracuse University